lundi 23 juin 2008

 

First tentative to contact MainActor's creator

Last night, I was searching the Internet for contact information to reach Markus Moenig, creator of MainActor and founder of MainConcept (he is now CTO at DivX), and I found his profile on Linkedin.

So, I tried to be added to his contacts, as a friend, with the following introduction message:

"Hi Markus,

I don't know if you are aware that there is a petition on the Internet asking MainConcept to release MainActor as Open Source. The petition, which has 1261 signatories, is here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mainactor/

I'm the individual behind it, because:

1) Linux needs a professional NLE software like MainActor

2) MainActor is an excellent product and it could be better with the help of the Open Source community. Please, read Blender Story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software)
I'm sure MainActor can have the same future as Open Source software).

Let me know what can be done for MainActor that could be profitable for both DivX and the Open Source Community.

Many Thanks in advance.

Etienne Savard."

If it doesn't work, I will send, by standard mail, a more elaborate letter along with a printout of the petition.

Latest Update (June 24th 2008):
Good news: Markus added me to his contact list! I already sent him a follow-up email to start the discussion about releasing MainActor source code as Open Source.

I will keep you posted of any progress!

Libellés : , ,

2 Commentaires:

Anonymous Anonyme a écrit...

Great ! Let us know if you have any answer.

2:46 a.m.  
Blogger Etienne Savard a écrit...

In fact, Markus responded to my email this week. What I can say at this moment, is that Markus has a great interest in seeing MainActor's development resumed.

Which is pretty good news. :)

8:14 a.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Page Principale