mardi 28 août 2007

 

MainActor Petition: First week update

A week has passed since I started an online petition to ask MainConcept to release MainActor video editing software as open source. The petition has collected 400 signatures in its first week.

By googling, I also found some blogs linking back to the petition. I'm pretty sure those blogs are in part responsible for the continuous flow of new signatories, day after day. Thanks to all bloggers out there for your help!

Also, I found 2 particularly interesting commentaries on the petition. The first one (from signatory #276):

"I'd likely volunteer as a maintainer and coorindate merging and integration with MLT and kdenlive." - Dan Dennedy

According to LottaLinuxLinks forum, Dan is a volunteer from the Kino video editing software project. So, we have already an experienced volunteer to maintain MainActor! That's great news, isn't it?

The second commentary (from signatory #312) is more intriguing:

"I've heard the code's been sold back to some Russian company; if anyone can link me to them, maybe there will still be some mutual interest in open-sourcing MainActor." - Michael Shigorin

Michael is a volunteer working for the Russian distro AltLinux. I already sent him an email asking to elaborate on this comment but I didn't receive any response at this moment. If a Russian company buys MainActor, I hope the Linux version will still be maintained, even if that company doesn't open source the code. If not, it will be the time to start a MainActor cloning project... I already have a name in mind for that project: "Montage".

1 Commentaires:

Anonymous Anonyme a écrit...

Salut, je viens de faire passer l'info sur le forum des vidéastes amateurs.

11:16 a.m.  

Publier un commentaire

<< Page Principale